03-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #8
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
I agree with the 'bland' looking statement. It kinda looks like a Camry from the side. Anyway, this car is beginning to grow on me

Anyway, about my Accord's accident, it got rear ended by a Toyota Fortuner(not sold in USA, closest thing could be a Highlander) with a bull bar.I kinda blame myself too.

It happened when I was dropping a friend of mine. I was stuck in a traffic jam in a two lane road. I was driving on the slow lane and suddenly , I see this car on the fast lane stopped for no apparent reason. There was like 4 or 5 cars distance between this car and the next car in front. So I changed the lane thinking that this lane would go faster but, it was to no avail.It was jam packed. Anyway, now I am stuck in the first lane and so, I start talking to my friend. After 10 or 20 seconds, I check the center mirror and see two headlights reeling in really quickly. BAM BAM. He hit me twice. I was like 'WTF'. I put the hazard light on and immediately, I get out of the car to talk to the guy.

When I asked him what happened....he said " I feel asleep and pressed the accelerator instead of the brakes" Lol. I also realised, my car wasn't damaged that badly, and I thanked God for protecting me. I also realised something else. For no apparent reason, I kept a safe distance from the car in front of me. That saved me from rear ending the car in front of me and creating a chain reaction of accidents. I'm usually glued to the car in front of me. Lol.

Anyway, i tell him to park on the side so that we can wait for the cops. He later on informs me that he has no insurance and we should do this later on. I reply to him ''How can I trust you?" He says that he works for the police and he can trust me. He showed me his ID to prove it. Anyway, I did take the pics of the car so that I can later on show it as evidence. But I still had my doubt. I decided to consult my dad and his advise was to let him go and do it later on.My dad spoke to the guy on his cell and he seemed trustworthy. SO I did what my dad told me to do.

Anyway, I tried reaching him the next day and to my surprise, I find out that his cell is switched off. BUMMER. I decide to wait for another day before handing the case to the authority.

The next day, I get a call from him. He questions me in a polite way,where it will be suitable to meet up and I tell him, the closest police station is this one(Somewhere in Dubai). We meet up, he solves the matter by confessing his fault in front of the cops and the deal is sealed. It paid off waiting for him. Later on, the dude thanks me for waiting and trusting him. I also made time to ask him, why his mobile was switched off the other day and he replies "I worked for 48hrs straight. I needed some sleep. I didn't have a choice because I was the head of security and, there were some very important people to protect". Anyhow, I thanked him for being honest. He thanks me again and before leaving, he adds that if I ever need his help, I should never hesitate to call him. Cool guy. .

Now my car is fixed for free, covered by his insurance and, I am back to driving my car.

Thats the before, between and after the accident story. Lol, I gave you a handful read.
That's possibly one of the most complete answers I've ever recieved. You're lucky the guy turned out to be alright in the end. That's a rare occurrence.
Appreciate 0