View Single Post
      12-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #59
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Not trying to rub anything in anyone's face or anything here, but I must be very lucky with my personality or something, as I've always been able to treat smoking as an occasional thing, like many people smoke cigars for example. There have been days, weeks, months, even years where I simply didn't want a cig. There are days where I want one, and I'm good. Other days I want 5, and may then go a week or two with nothing.

Kinda weird I guess, but anyway, my thoughts about instances where I will have a cig are very situational. I got in the habit of smoking while drinking in college, now when I'm out and drinking and someone offers, I'll usually accept.

However, the main situation with me is something I would do in college while studying, I would "reward" myself every few hours in the library with a mental/smoke break. Now when I'm working late or something, I'll do the same thing. I'm not trying to quit really, as while it's certainly not healthy, a pack will last me nearly a month at times.

So I would identify the situations you are in when you crave it the most. If its partying, cut back on that. Lots of people like to smoke while driving (I personally can't do it) so if you do, put your cigs in the trunk or something. Make it inconvenient for yourself and maybe at first you'll still inconvenience yourself and have a smoke, but eventually you'll go "not worth it right now" and these situations will eventually no longer inspire you to light up.

A friend used to carry around a pack of cigs with him, but no lighter. He took the car one out, and didn't buy any. Anytime someone asked to bum one he would oblige with 2. He eventually stopped buying them altogether and quit because he forced it to be inconvenient and overly expensive on himself by giving them away.

Just a few thoughts, good luck.
^like these ideas.

I know its not the same, but when i quit smoking bud i had wild vivid dreams every night for around 6 months...
Appreciate 0