captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
I had about 30 mins of solid seat time in a 2010 or 2011 Jaguar XKR. The experience was part of a driving package that included a continental GT supersport, Gallardo Superleggera, F430, and SLR Mclaren.

Here is the review that I wrote about the XKR

As I got into the seat, I spent some time admiring the interior. I was smitten by the leather seats, and especially the gorgeous piping on the edges. Jaguar's emphasis on form and function is clearly evident. The first thing to note is that this car is more grand tourer than hardcore sportscar. The automatic transmission shifts quickly, but comfortably. The 510 hp supercharged V8 is an absolute gem with performance that firmly pushed me back into my seat as it propelled the jag into triple digits. Despite the luxury, the cat showed its raw side with engine pops and backfires during aggressive downshifts. I absolutely loved this car because like my M3 I can see it performing multiple functions well, and I could never get tired of looking at this car.
Excellent review. That sums up my feelings about the XKR as well.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0