E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Sorry mate, but you're completely wrong about the part that I bolded. The Indian Grand Prix is about 30-40km from Delhi, in an area called Greater Noida (a suburb).It's about 30-45 min drive, depending on traffic. So really, it helps support your overall argument. Cheers
Apparently Google map doesn't help and I didn't read too much into wiki until just now. Thanks for correcting!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaypee_Group_Circuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Also, that will never happen, given that El Toro is essentially being turned into a gigantic housing development/shopping center/national park. I don't think a Formula 1 track would be too popular amongst the suburban families, haha.
That was my point replying to mastek, even if the organizers had the opportunity to bid for the El Toro field back in 2005. The construction cost will be astronomical. Also they had to outbid the ones who purchased the land back in 2005 for 650 million USD.

It was just not economical to build over there back then, and now its impossible at all.
I was comparing the overall project cost between the two.

I'd like to have a F1 grand prix near by (I live 30-40 miles away from El Toro). But I prefer to have a better facility and track, and reasonable ticket price. If the grand prix near by but cost twice more than Austin. I'll just stay home.