08-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #44
airwave808
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vise View Post
One minor thing to consider when looking at US cars is that they have less options as standard vs Canada... here we get Comfort Access, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth/BMW Assist, Alarm, iPod/USB, Sunroof (for E90) all standard. Its a small thing but it makes a bit of difference IMO.

Not to mention the previous posts!

+1. I used to live in the U.S. until last year and ordered a 2011 E92 in Canada. It is fairly easy to get a 8% discount with better standard options, not to mention the option of ordering individual exterior / interior. I would have gone through a lot of hassle to get a Monte Carlo Blue in the U.S. but was able to order it here in Canada without any questions. I am not sure about now but before Audiophile stereo package was not even offered in the U.S. among other things.

I think 20% mark up claim is lofty at best and I am not saying it is being misrepresented but I'd like to see more details around options, etc. As in my opinion, if you add up all the options and don't take HST into account then the difference is no more than $8,000 - $10,000. The only way I think this can work is if you get a bare bones used M3 from U.S. from a private seller at a decent discount off of market value.

Last edited by airwave808; 08-14-2011 at 12:12 AM..
Appreciate 0