View Single Post
      09-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #16
jeremyr4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Yea, definitely hear it for yourself first. The videos online never truly show how the cars sound like.

Driving below 3500, it's honestly perfect for me. What you have to remember is that since the car is so well insulated, it's much louder outside the car than inside. So for me, it was perfect. And cold start ups make my mornings.

How loud do you want it to be? Around here in SC, there are plenty of trucks and Mustangs that have louder exhausts than my M3 with OEM bypass exhaust. I will say though, in the highway, especially going up hills at lower RPM, there is some resonance if you are putting a load on the engine.

Knowing what I know now, if I had to do it again, I'd still go bypass because perforated method might be too tame for me. And I'm not all about loud and obnoxious exhausts.

Thanks for your feedback. It actually sounds like I'm looking for what you have, in that I don't want it to be too tame but I also don't want it to be obnoxious. I just want the car to sound more involving with the windows up at low RPMs. I think this video is the sound level I am looking for with the windows up (windows up driving starts at 1:20):

Appreciate 0