View Single Post
      03-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
Meff
smiling amid the chaos...
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
I do not think you will find the answer here on this forum.You need to call a dealer & find out what the labour times & parts cost for each service.This is also variable if you are a low milege driver as the service is required once a year not based on milege.I would probally think it is worth $3-4000 if you are a 20000 km a year driver.Remember it does not cover any of the wear items like brakes,wiper blades etc.

Also do not forget that a US car will have less resale value than a Canadian origin car.I have a clients 06 C2S that is worth $10000 less than a Canadian sourced car with the same milege.It is something that must be factored in in your importation costs.
Thanks Gear - I was going to ask my current SA at my local dealer but he's been on holiday. I'll have him track it down for me on his return, or maybe some else on here has done the leg work already.

Why the comparative lower value on the US car upon resale in Canada? Once I do the cluster, daytime running lights, Cdn VIR etc would it not be an apples to apples situation? Or is it just a perception issue by the buyer?

Thx
Appreciate 0