View Single Post
      08-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #4
CalOski
Rep
Drives: '09 AW M3; RIP '03 MB G35

FR is what I went with for my future E92 AW M3 as well (its built and patiently waiting for me to come pick it up, in Germany, like a sad little puppy). On this board, you will get very diametrically opposed views on whether the FR interior is or .

I believe that the AW/FR color combo was used in a lot of the initial marketing materials/test cars and has been fairly popular with the "enthusiast" subset, many of whom post on this board (people that pay closer attention to these things can yell at me if this is dis-information).

If you're concerned with resale value, who's to say what will be popular 2 or 3 years from now? All you know is that it is a popular color combo "now" within a subset of this already select group of people (which is likely not a representative sample of the general buying public for M cars). If you want to play it safe, get the black interior. It goes with white and I can't imagine it will hurt resale value at all. But, there is always the chance that you go with black and when the afterglow of delivery washes off, you wish there was a splash of color so it isn't so Emo. and then where will you be?

I suggest you do what I did and take a look at the threads in the picture sub-forum for the various interior pics and come to your own conclusions. You don't want to be like the emperor with his "new clothes", more concerned about what other people think about your ride than what you do and end up walking around naked. It's your money and if you want to drive a custom green/gold M3 with a lavender interior, go ahead. But don't mind me, when I giggle at it as you drive by.
Appreciate 0