01-27-2012, 02:14 AM   #17
325iii
WAHHH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325I Sparkling Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
Hey guys, so I built a gaming PC about 4 or 5 years ago and this week my motherboard decided to die so rather than replace the mobo I\'m just going to build a new one.

I figure there are at least a few other computer nerds lurking these forums so any input would be appreciated.

I\'m doing a custom build, just looking for advice on parts. I want to spend less than $2k so I imagine I\'ll end up with 8-12 gb ram, an i5 and an ati 7xxx. I\'d like to have at least a small SSD and a z68 mobo.

Any advice you guys can offer is appreciated!
i7 2600k $280
http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0354587
get 4gb ram x 2 or 3 depending on your ram channel

Mobo is completely up to you, just get a decent quality one that works with good warranty and slap an audio card on there if you want if you are an audiophile like I am.

I have 580gtx sli'd, they running fine on corsair hx1050 AND I'm running 2 motor water cooling setup. From my experience I ran BF3 on ultra with a single 580gtx 3gb @ 1920 x 1200. So its your choice, I do video editing so that extra was a good help. You can reuse your PSu depending on what rating you've got. My computer reads about 800 ~ 850w drain on full load on cpu and gpu with the 2 motors running and 2 ssd. 7xxx series ain't bad since you can just download the patch for phyx these days instead of getting a phyx card.

If you got a good case with airflow, I don't see the point of getting a new one. I got a microcenter around, so if you need a hook up with a CPU just hit me up.
Appreciate 0