View Single Post
      10-18-2011, 09:32 AM   #6
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysabbath View Post
Not to question you, considering you really know what you're talking about, but this really is for my 528 right? cuz the ecs website is saying thats for a 330...but im assuming that they used the same parts? BTW you've been awesome, truly, thank you for taking your time to help me out. you rock
Scratch that. All E60s worldwide have the panel-filter airbox, no difference between Euro and USDM. The intake routes to the intake manifold differently. Which means the intake manifold probably isn't compatible between your 528 and the cars I listed above.

*You might be able to install both manifold and intake at the same time, but if it was my car, I'd want to see it done before doing something for the first time like this.

So you won't be able to fit a different OEM intake into your car, only aftermarket such as aFe. I'd recommend just going the carbon filter delete and KNN panel route, though. There have been dynos showing that aftermarket intakes decrease performance of N52s due to heat soak.

Learn to use realoem.com. It'll help with finding part numbers and comparing things like Euro/US parts.
Appreciate 0