Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
A replacement battery is $8,000 to $10,000. Tesla has a pre-payment plan for a replacement battery so you can get a new battery after the battery warranty expires (per thier website). The prorated fee will be costly because Tesla will have to recover the cost of the battery either way. So for discussion purposes... if you were to leave your original battery with say 60,000 miles on it, the pro-rated cost of the new battery would be $5,000 (assuming a 120,000-mile battery lifespan). There's no way around the cost of the battery. Considering the 90-second battery swap is charged to a credit card, if you don't come back for your original battery, get ready for a big charge on you next month's credit card bill.
As I said, do some reading on the program. If you can not pick up your original battery, it can be delivered back to your home and replaced there. It's also not prorated based on the cost of a brand new battery, rather the difference in life between the two and it is not necessarily tied to the full replacement cost of the battery unit.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0