DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonBread View Post
Hey guys.

Just started up my account on these forums. I'm looking to buy an E46 within the month. I'm in the Houston area, but willing to drive within a 500 mile range for an M3. I'm specifically looking for a 2004 M3 in either Gray or Blue, under 100k miles, and IT MUST BE A SIX-SPEED MANUAL COUPE!!! No exceptions

Most prices I'm seeing are around $18k, but then you have to tack on TT&L, plus most of these cars don't have much on their service records

The best I've seen so far is a Gray 2004 M3 with 94,500 for $18k, from a private seller. I have to drive quite a distance for it---just within my range---but the guy has full service records available, and is very easy to talk to. I'm still gonna get a PPI done before purchase, but he knew about the subframe recall, preventative maintenance things like the water pump,etc.

What do you guys think? If all goes well, I'll be driving an M3 by the end of this month, and I'll be on these forums a whole bunch more

Thanks guys!
Take your time and do a thorough search. You can find 2004 M3s in the high teens to low 20s with 50k to 90k miles. Have you tried Carmax, Autotrader, Craigslist? To name a few. Start there then hit up E46fanatics, M3fourums.net, and look here and see whats available instate and one state over.

Thats what I would do and go from there.
Appreciate 0