05-14-2011, 11:17 PM   #33
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
Get over yourselves. They are both great cars but some of the comments sound like they are coming from guys who are daily driving a pagani to the office.
Not to say you are wrong, but I have had people of all size, race and color do everything from pulling me aside to comment on the car to nodding at me with a sense of approval while next to me at a light, and I have had the car less than a week. Why? Because our cars and along with their engines ARE SPECIAL. Its not about the numbers.....its so much more. The ///M5 & ///M3 has always been about more than the numbers.....its not just about achieving the performance but how you achieve it.

At the end of the day, the S65 & S85 ARE super car engines, and will maintain this cars as legendary decades from now when the cars are putting down more power and twice the mpg.

Not taking anything away from the 1M, its a sick car, and opens ///M to a whole new audience. But a 911 is a 911, and an //M3 is an ///M3.

Just my .02.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0