View Single Post
      12-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #9
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

I personaly will go with a staggered setup but I will move up in sizing from what I previously run.I ran 1 dry trackday on 18's with 255 & 265 Toyo R888's on 8.5 & 9.5's and I found the car to be quite loose on power even in 3rd & 4th gear corners.I found the front end turned in quite well even with stock alignment specs but the tires had heavy wear on the outside due to the lack of negative camber.I never run with any of the traction control systems on as I find they impede the speed & control too much for my liking in the dry or wet.
The other day was in the wet on the stock 19" setup with the PS 2's and car was better balanced in the wet than it was in the dry on my track setup and I am still amazed at how much grip the Michelins provided.The car still slid but stayed very close to neutral with big time oversteer being proved at will with the throttle(but that is fun!).It was very easy to drive fast compared to the other reasonably hi powered rear wheel drive cars that I driven in the wet.
The big disadvantage with a non staggered setup is that you are limited in being able to rotate the tires to maximize the wear,but flipping the tires on the front rims will help maximize the tire life.
Appreciate 0