Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
Got the Y cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AG
Quote:
Originally Posted by premp View Post
Hey all,

I just picked up an 08 Jerez black M3 two days ago and have a few questions about iphone 5. I have ios 7.1 and have a usb port and small case for an ipod, attached to the center console, inside. I could not get my iphone to read in the idrive menu, I did attempt using the "external device" feature. Currently, I am using the a car charger and aux port. If I use the y-cable, will I be able to control my iphone 5 through the idrive system. I would like full integration, if possible. Also, I had an Alpine custom stereo in my last car and I was able to run my "maps navigation" app through the car stereo, can I do this with a 2008 M3? In addition. I have got the bluetooth sync to work well, but haven't got music to play through car using bluetooth. I am new to this car so any help would be appreciated, thanks. Lastly, the M3 is AWESOME!
You have to use the Y-cable to play music from your iphone 5 (you'll need lightning convertor). With iphone 4 and ipod classic you will get full integration but not sure about iphone 5.
Read this thread:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758529

Not sure what you mean by "Maps Navigation" app.
I bought the Y cable for $10.39 on Amazon and it works well. I have full integration,etc... Maps etc.... And music. I can control it all through I drive.
Appreciate 0