esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
Esquire:

Looking at your graph and the one I posted above. Your powerband seems to be more "peaky" between 7k - redline where as mine flattens out. Even more so with the MS Intake. Why do you think that is?
Well for one thing the scale on your graph is different than the scale on mine - which impacts how the results are graphically represented.

For another thing, I believe that each of these engines coming out of the factory are unique creatures - they all have slightly varying characteristics. EAS can probably be the first to testify to this - they've dyno'd a number of completely stock M3's with statistically significant variations in horsepower. That tells me that no two cars are built alike.

Finally, i would surmise conditions have some mild impact as well on the shape of the curve - though I can't say for sure.

Again though, I suspect that the biggest reason here is that differing scales of our two graphs.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0