View Single Post
      12-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #77
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

I just got back from a track event where I had the opportunity to drive the C63 coupe (amongst other cars) in a track setting. I have to say, it is an impressive car on many fronts. The car has very impressive power and VERY impressive torque. The torque is on demand everywhere and all of the time but without turbo lag as the car is NA. I have always heard the phrase "there is no replacement for displacement" and I now know why. The M3 isn't "lacking" in torque IMO and I always thought people who complained about the torque in the M3 were nuts but compared to the C63 there is a significant and meaningful difference.

What surprised me the most was how planted the car felt and how easy it was to place on the track. Grip was very strong. The car had a more pronounced oversteer but in some ways that was entertaining. A set of wider and stickier tires and the car would be a very capable track car. I did not really feel the extra weight either.

I was impressed. The car is a monster on the street and very capable on a track.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0