View Single Post
      01-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #95
Compos Mentis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Arctic 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood
I was there some 15/16 years ago man, great island!

My uncle used to work at the Dutch Embassy in Bogota, Colombia and I visited him twice back then. Visited Cali, Medellin, San Andres, Ibaguey, Cartagena....Most beautiful country I ve ever visited(and I visited a lot of countries around there )

But very dangerous too(Pablo Escobar Era) 'They'(Police/citizens) always thought we were 'gringos' like US Citizens.
Then we told them we were from Holanda(Netherlands) and they started talking about futbol(soccer) and former Dutch international soccerplayers like Van Basten, Rijkaard, Cruijff, and Gullit and they kept asking us about Dutch girls(blonde/blue eyes)LOL

Great country, greater women

EDIT:As I recall San Andres: Tax Free Shopping/holidays for the rich Colombians, small island, touristic, I met a girl (university student) from Bogota, she was ther with friend/class for a week. We dated, her father was a pilot with Avianca(Colombian Airlines) We fell in love like cows, as I remember. Great. We wrote a few letters when we were back home....No email sms or internet back then

Never heard of her anymore. Fine woman.Seriously...
...fell in love like cows... LOL!

I was only in San Andres. It was strongly discouraged to even fly to Bogota, then to the island. Four times a year, for the major holidays, the place filled up with young rich girls. Bikinis on scooters all over the place. Best place I've been for beaches. Torwards the southern side there's a tiki hut on the beach playing reggae and local food. The best part was laying on the beach, a kid bringing you cold beer all day, and and the end of the day you pay him your 'tab', plus a small tip. That little island just off the beach with the putting green grass was the best. Blue water right up to the bright white sand... Snorkeling...I want to go back right now.

I lived on practically the south tip of the island. There's an restaurant with the bow in the water. Remember that?

I'd like to go to the mainland if things ever calm down. I lived in Honduras, Guatamala, eventually got married in Panama. Seriously beautiful. I married up.
18000 miles...
Appreciate 0