03-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #18
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmflukeiii View Post
Man, that's too bad. It seems like they could have figured it out to make it rechargeable. Is a rechargeable battery really bigger than the regular battery? It seems like it could fit.

I know its not a huge deal, but still, simple solutions that are overlooked frustrate me. I seem to remember being told that my 330ci battery couldn't be changed and I had to purchase a whole new key..... probably more dealership nonsense.

Do you know why they even bothered putting the key slot still for a CA equipped car? Just using the same interior panel for all models?
All valid questions!! Not sure on battery size and frankly the radio transmitter is mostly speculation on my part. Perhaps it is just BMW logic. They figure folks pay for the CA to avoid pulling keys of of pockets or purses and therefore they will rarely put the key in the ignition. At least not enough to maintain the charge. Hence the battery...

As for the 330i, don't know but agree that it is likely dealer nonsense. Was the car CA equipped?

I think you're spot on here, save them from having to design two different parts...
Appreciate 0