View Single Post
      03-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #15
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Ha, I learned long ago (through owning five BMW's) that most folks at dealers are poorly educated about these cars!

As near as I can tell, the space in the CA key fob is devoted to the radio transmitter etc and so there is not enough space for the rechargable battery.

Not a big deal, in three years of driving my CA equipped 550, not once did I have the battery fail. What I don't know is if the dealer simply replaced the battery periodically for me while the car was in for regular service...
Man, that's too bad. It seems like they could have figured it out to make it rechargeable. Is a rechargeable battery really bigger than the regular battery? It seems like it could fit.

I know its not a huge deal, but still, simple solutions that are overlooked frustrate me. I seem to remember being told that my 330ci battery couldn't be changed and I had to purchase a whole new key..... probably more dealership nonsense.

Do you know why they even bothered putting the key slot still for a CA equipped car? Just using the same interior panel for all models?
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.
Appreciate 0