View Single Post
      05-27-2008, 02:50 PM   #39
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3BALLER08 View Post
Looks pretty nifty but color matching is what I am concerned with. It looks like those pictured are off in color. Can I buy an unpainted set for a little less and have them painted at a local shop?

What do OEM reflectors cost? This might be a bood DIY....
OEM reflectors cost approx $18 + tax each aka $18 for the left side and $18 for the right. So your looking at spending approx $40 off the bat just for the reflectors from BMW. Then finding a shop that will paint them my guess for it to be worth wild would be approx $40 to $60. Not a lot of paint needed for one set but the problem is to color match BMW factory there is a minimum amount that needs to be mixed.

This approach works best if you know a shop well that deals with a lot of BMW. Drop off the set and ask them to paint it when every another vehicle of the same color gets painted. Many have that done and shops usually don't charge when its done this way and you know them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahtzee
They are painted with the OEM paint and clearcoat. Little ghetto to be using double-sided tape for this. He had mentioned that all cutouts arent the same. Huh? The how do the SAME reflectors fit in the hole? Also, I havent noticed my tow hook budging once.
BMW OEM reflectors are spring loaded to hold in place. When I mention the cutouts not being the same we are talking 1 to 3 MM difference its not a lot. The double sided tape has nothing to do with the cut outs. Dependent on how the mounts are placed it can change the depth of installation. That is where the double sided tape comes into play. It will never be seen and it gives you the ability to remove the inserts without any damage.

The tow hook cover doesn't move up down left or right it moves in and out (depth).

We tried to make this application user install friendly. it is possible to make mounting hardware to resemble the tow hook better but would require our customers to remove their bumpers.

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0