HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardSurge View Post
Agree.

The anesthesiologists, radiologists, cardiologists, perfusionists, etc that I work with are some of the best and brightest individuals I know and in their field. I have the utmost respect for them. That being said, they can collectively do about ~3% of my job and skillset. Partly due to the fact that my training is 2 times that of a fellow-trained anesthesiologist or cardiologist. We face some of the most stressful situations of any profession (excluding active military) on a routine basis.

Let's stop bashing and just enjoy the fact that we can all usually get out of our (flagrant) speeding tickets.
Id rather say that you have a completely different specialty (albiet very specialized) hence others cant do what you do. Rather then stating that your training was 2 times longer. Last time I check I trained for Six years and CT was not 12. All are different in there own right. I sure as hell could not perform a CABG, MVR or AVR but wouldnt expect a ct surgeon to manage decompensated HF, medically manage arrythmia etc.
FYI not trying to get into a pissing contest as I admit we NEED your skill set, but your comment comes across as a condescending attempt to belittle other specialties.
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0