10-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
As my extended warranty runs out @ the end of Nov, I'm shopping now. I plan on s/c'ing the car, which we all know is a no-no when it comes to an extended BMW warranty. I saw a brochure for Fidelity, and in their Gold plan for the power train, they specifically mention coverage for s/c'ers and turbos. That was the brochure. Does any one have a copy of an actual contract in which they mention exclusions based on whether or not the equipment was OEM or aftermarket?
If you are going to S/C the car then any warranty you buy for the car will only cover non-power train items.

The maker of your S/C will warranty the parts for a set amount of time (normally in years or mileage, mostly in years). That'll cover the blower crapping out prematurely or a part failing/leaking early.

And if you get a shop to install it they might offer a labor warranty (bolt comes loose, etc.).

But your power train is going to be SOL. Hence why you need to make sure you buy a reputable and reliable S/C or else you're going to have to have money on hand to fix/replace the engine and/or transmission if things go bad.
Appreciate 0