United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2016 X5 50i

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantarM3 View Post
manari06, could you please comment on your impression of the seats themselves? I would appreciate it if you could provide your thoughts on the Recaro's as compared to the stock seats. Some specific questions I have are:

1) Do they sit lower or the same as the OEM seats (in their lowest position)?
2) Do you miss the adjustable leg support of the stock seats?
3) How does the width of the seat bottom and back compare?
4) Do the Recaro sliders function as smoothly as the stock seat sliders?

Any other feedback would be great to have.

Thank you!
1) The seats feels great for every day driving and long haul. I've gone on 4 to 5 hours trips and they are very comfortable.

2) The seats do sit lower compared to stock. I used to seed the bulged on the top of my hood now I barely see it so this shows how low it sits and that's with the Macht Schnell seat mounts and Seat Belt Receptacles which makes them seat higher, and the seat sliders, so Imagine without all of that?

3) The seats are tight and keep you placed without any side to side sliding which is great, The back is pretty tight too and also won't let you slide side to side plus is way better than stock because the contour of the back seat is in the same way as you spinal cord when sitting so there's no strain on your back.

4) The seats do not come with sliders and you will need to purchase some. There's no electrical sliders so this are manual. I've seen that a team in Portugal or Turkey integrated the BMW electrical motors and boton's to the performance seats which are the same as the CS Sporters but I don't know how they did it or would spent the money to get mine done.

Also the seats cost me 3000 Euros for the set straight from Recaro themselves.