01-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #25
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Wow, so sorry to hear all the drama lucid. This situation really does stink. Perhaps someone, anyone (Scott26) can tell us why BWM does this? Even if they still did it if we had some idea why they did it I would feel slightly better. You know my position I will not buy without 3 key things: price, DCT and a test drive. I guess based on the last requirement a bit of a wait is just fine for me.
Yes, this is more drama then I would have liked, or rather, not the kind of drama I would have liked. I shared your position (maybe with the exception of DCT as I'd be happy either way I think) until the guy called and said "you can have week 6 build slot." Hearing that and thinking about being able to jump in the car in a couple of months after waiting for years really changes the way you view the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
On the OT. Definitely sorry to hear about your back. Keep your attitude as positive as possible. Mine seriously bugs me a often as well. Perhaps too much BMX, mountain biking, skateboarding, motocross, etc. Not much of these for me these days either.
Thanks Swamp. Yeah attitude definitely matters. But having had my chest cracked open to have a joint fused to save the injured spinal cord results in serious pain, so athletics is out of the question for me--most likely for life--which is really annoying for a guy who has never really sat still. Risk taking can result in significant fulfillment in life, but can work both ways you know. Anyway, I'm hoping I'll be in good enough shape to at least enjoy this car when I eventually get it in year 2020!
Appreciate 0