OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

^ +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Has it? Granted, I don't see it likely myself, but to me it is premature to say a rules change to allow forced induction cannot happen by 2015. Of course, the E92 M3 won't be in production for part of 2013 and most/all of 2014 so that might have an effect on eligibility in the meantime anyway (I am not sure - don't know the rules in that regard)..
The timing aspect (homologation rules) is the biggest factor here. As mentioned above FI is not barred from the ALMS, but Team RLL will likely go back to using the GT3 RSR. By the time the F82 gets to market you would have had to have a team ready, willing, and able to run turbo...not impossible, but unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I agree the series is more popular than in the past, but is still dwarfed by traditional heavy hitters such as IndyCar or Nascar. Then again what series isn't right? Sure. I am simply suggesting DTM might fair better. But that remains to be seen.
DTM will surely have a better chance in the future with the way things are looking with the ALMS, we also agree on that point.

@Silver: I also wonder why, especially in this forum, there is little interest for the ALMS, specifically the GT class. You would think it would be the opposite. In fact, almost NONE of the dozens of forum members I have met over the years in person are familiar with any facet of the series whatsoever...shocking and a little disappointing at the same time.

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB

Last edited by OC ///M; 06-17-2012 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: Included link to ALMS GT Class rules on FI...
Appreciate 0