United_States
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MStar View Post
Do it once..do it right
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgthis View Post
This saddens me. Good look with the repairs, I would freak the f*ck out if I caught the person in the act.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG View Post
Why not? I'd rather take the least evasive approach first. Dr Color Chip worked great for me on damage than was larger than a stone chip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries326 View Post
Yeah, lotsa haters out there. Probably the same kind of peep that thinks Obama isn't American. Politicians playing up to their "base" and riling up the mobs so they can get their votes is not cool. I tend to park my car away from everyone else just in case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosiehm View Post
You can do it with the paint pen/brush but will be visible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nang Vann View Post
Not good, sorry to hear that bro

Thank you guys, if you guys read my post #27. I paid a shop $800 to get it paint it, 100% paint matched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rival View Post
ive fixed those before. I detail and have had ppl bring me their car like this.

So what i am telling you here is not professional job, nor do i do this for living. So if your a DIY and wana save a few bucks....

get a 2000,2500,3000 paper. touch up paint, toothpicks, fold the 3k paper in half. Using the edge of it open up the scratch a tiny bit. Your going to need to fill up the entire key with paint, using the tooth pick. Use the pick to make sure its even, and it gets all the way down and filled up.

your going to have to do this like your painting a car. fill it, let it dry for 3-4hrs. go back and try to fill in more. Sooner or later it will be filled in and the extra will cause a slight bump/ridge/etc.

than let the car sit over night. come back with the 2k paper, sand down so it is flat. 2500k paper, than 3k paper....

you should be able to polish out the rest with a porter cable or flex, etc

if you look on you tube you should be able to find a vid of this. which should really help.

I also know i didnt do the best job explaining things here as well.

I watched the youtude video it help, I try all the steps, it helped but this was too deep. Thank you for trying to help. I already paid a shop to paint it.
Appreciate 0