View Single Post
      03-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #329
db71
Private
Rep
Drives: 10 Audi S5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewDavid View Post
I don't understand. You drive a '10 S5, but you're on an M3 forum. All your posts are in this thread. You're taking the losing side of the debate. And you're upset people think you're an ADV.1 shill? I don't really care personally, but can you not see why people have this perspective?

And, this isn't Craigslist Casual Encounters; no one wants to hook up with you off the interwebs ha jk
I have been on here before just never registered. Just because I drive an Audi does not mean that I will forever. I like to check out and see what wheel companies are out there. Example I'm on a lot of forums and have never seen morr. I had a couple bad experiences in purchasing forged wheels in the past which caused me to do a lot of research into testing, suppliers, manufacturers etc.

I think the whole industry is full of bs perception marketing photoshopping renderings etc.

So I decided to see why people put up with such bs from these companies and say they are so great.

I mean why does it take 4-6 weeks plus to get forged wheels when it takes about 6-8 hours to machine a set? But people plunk down 50% and put themselves at the mercy of the company.

Why do people believe one wheel is better than another when there are only a couple manufacturers of the raw parts?

Why do people believe that a company must make there own wheels out of raw parts produced by other companies instead of leaving it to companies which specialize in the induvidual processes like machining, powdercoating etc. but do not insist on that with other products in their life that are equally or more important to the safety of them or their family?

Why people slam a company who is selling a lot of wheels but don't pay attention to a guy who works off his cell phone out of his living room?

Why does it matter if your management process is certified?

I was not defending ADV1 just trying to present another prospective to things see what people argument was.

They are having a m3 meet in st Louis and going to gateway I plan on catching up with some people from here.
Appreciate 0