View Single Post
      11-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #12
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
Equally excited to see how the new teams will do...particularly Jag and US F1.
What? The new teams are Campos, Manor, USF1, and Lotus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSPEM3 View Post
What a bummer season for Hamilton. Even when vastly improved his car is still clearly inferior to Red Bull and Brawn.
Yet he scored more points than all other drivers in the 2nd half of the season. When McLaren becomes McLaren again Hamilton sure will be the driver to beat. If Red Bull keeps up their good work it will be between Hamilton, Vettel, and Alonso, but I wouldn't put so much faith in the Italian team.
Hamilton has one of the better cars now. He's been qualifying great everywhere except Brazil, where a lot of people had issues because of the car setups for wet qualifying/dry race. So he qualified low there because his car was setup for the race, which is another part of the reason he clawed his way to the podium. Clearly, you are a McLaren fanboy, so it will be hard to reason with you. I'm not sure why you don't think Ferrari will be on top. They have the best driver in a car that's had the most development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yermo View Post
If Button doesn't have double diffuser he doesn't win the championship.
I've said this over and over, BMW and Red Bull did well in Australia. Kubica was on pace to possibly win the race until he hit Vettel. Red Bull never used the DDD yet they came second. Toyota and Williams were much lower down. It was not just the DDD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Alonso won't get to test the new car until February due to the lack of testing rules in place. I doubt his development skills will help the initial design of the car at all. Maybe he can help improve it over the course of the season though
What you have to remember is that unlike Raikkonen/Massa, Alonso and Massa have the same driving style, with an emphasis on understeer. Raikkonen, much like Hamilton, prefers a sharp front end with oversteer. So the fact that Alonso is coming means the Scuderia are building a dream machine for their drivers instead of trying to compromise between the two. Granted, they have admitted that some things were geared more towards Massa's style the passed few years. But now that the drivers' style is the same, they don't have to settle in a gray area between what the two say. So the initial car design will have that much more of an edge from the get go.
Appreciate 0