View Single Post
      09-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #54
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
Then you aren't old enough to "get" this feature. Ok, let's expand what I said. What age range did Cadillac associate themselves only a few years back? Big floaty boats driven by gray hairs with nowhere to go really. Don't lie and say you haven't seen old folks just sitting in their lane with the turn signal on (and yes not just Cadillac but other brands like Buick for example).

My point is, if GM is trying to make Cadillac young and hip again then there is no reason to keep this feature. Anyone with even the slightest bit of foresight will understand why the feature is in the first place because it is NOT a safety feature.
Of course it's a safety feature.

And by the way, I see people of any and all age groups leave their signals on. Nowadays it seems there are tons of teenagers and people in their 20s who are texting who do things like this, or damn near anyone who's busy on the damned cell phone.

Older folks tend to not use cell phones for any purpose while they drive.

"Stigma" indeed. You ought to back off this amazingly nonsensical position.

Or keep defending and look like an idiot.

Bruce

PS - And by the way, you might want to put on a marketing hat and understand that with a 1.8 birthrate, our population continues to age, so anything that might be useful to older folks is probably a Good Thing. I don't actually include the signal warning in that area (because it's clearly useful for anyone), but I notice that a number of vendors (Cadillac included) are using larger, more legible numbers and letters on their instruments and controls, which clearly is a benefit to old folks.

Edit: That's another safety feature, by the way. It's more useful to older folks than younger folks in general, because as you age, your ability to rapidly change focus degrades, but it's useful for anyone.

And if we're talking Europe, where the average birthrate is down near 1.2 or so, there are even more pronounced marketing opportunities.

Last edited by bruce.augenstein@comcast.; 09-29-2009 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 0