05-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #17
Nordstat
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldierforhire
If you dont have time for the M3 how will switching cars provide more driving time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisp View Post
I just picked up an E92 M3 (leasing) in February but my life changed as did my job. The M3 now sits in the driveway 6 days a week and if I'm lucky, I get to take it out on that one nice Saturday or Sunday. This seems pointless to me for such a car especially since it's a lease. I bought the M3 to drive it almost every day and also take it to a few track days/auto X, however that has never happened and probably never will.

Thus, I am looking for a replacement but I can't decide on what or if I'm making a mistake. I currently have a 1991 Turbo Miata as a track/auto-x car which I am in the process of re-building. The car is stripped, so not a nice car to take out for a drive.
I also have a Wrangler to beat on. Thus, I am looking just for a fun toy to toss around on a nice warm day that could be a reasonable replacement (if that makes any sense) for the M3. I am considering the following but all have their con's:

1. Lotus Elise (no power but super fun to drive)
2. Boxster S (no power, fun to drive)
3. Corvette GrandSport (don't know how I feel about american...drove one and it didn't feel balanced at all)
4. Turbo S2000
5. M Coupe?

I'm stuck on those. Any suggestions would be appreciated (really shooting for a convertible). Trying to keep it under $40k.
^ this.
Appreciate 0