09-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #29
KmndntKlink
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Good general advice. However, I checked the fine details of the TD Meloche Monnex policy and it does not exclude driving on a "track" but does exclude racing or speed contests. Lawyer friends tell me that they feel HPDE's are "technically" covered based on the wording but to prepare to fight it in court if there is a significant claim.

My new motto is don't do it if you can't afford the out of pocket costs if the car is run into a wall. An alternative is to get a cheaper track car (a.k.a. E36 M3) that won't be as painful $$$ wise if something bad happens.
True say, get a beater and you don't care if you wreck it cuz it only cost u 10 k cheap thrills aplenty. I bought this car specifically for the jackyl & hyde aspect of daily driving/tracking. That being said I'll just go "slow" so I know I won't wreck. I got addicted to tracks when a friend of mine rented the short track @ mosport for the day, will probably just do that again only with the full track and split the cost as much as possible. Weekdays are probably the best since it'll be quieter and I think they let you pay/lap?

"Boss, I'm not feeling so good today, gonna have to use a sickday!" VROOOOOM