View Single Post
      08-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #18
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
This is true on this car since it's MAP based, the DME will detect the change in pressure when the valve vents and adjust fueling accordingly. But I still stand by my statement that the setup should stay the way it has been tested and designed. Reducing variables in a mix usually leads to more positive results. On a MAF based car it would cause all sorts of issues. EAS makes a good point about the venting on deceleration out of boost. It could get quite annoying, but since you're 6MT try and see if you like it. Personally I'm not a fan of non-intercooled setups, so I'd opt for the 600 kit.

not entirely true. The issue lies with MAF based setups as the ECU is "expecting" to see a certain volume of air. when a BOV vents to the atmosphere it creates a false reading as the ECU must adapt to compensate for the non-metered air. What matters is where the readings take place. On a MAP setup you're venting the BOV prior to the intake tract and the air was never accounted for to begin with and will work fine.

There is more to it, but I don't feel like typing anymore.

To the OP, do some reading first as a wastegate is on turbo cars to control boost levels and a SC car using a combo of pulleys on the compressor and crank to create certain boost levels

You need to try diff BOV to see what sound you're looking for. Tial valves sound awesome and the HKS SSQV is more of a high pitched noise. Should be easy to just change the flange on the blower manifold.
Appreciate 0