View Single Post
      01-15-2008, 03:13 PM   #25
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
You ask the question, i gave you an answer. To you $9,000 might not mean anything, to others it does. I understand and agree that the M3's engine is an engineering marvel, but that's not the issue. You said the ISF engine is weak and you also said that it delivers the same or similar performance like the M3, C63, and RS4. So again, with that logic or reasoning, the competitiors engines are weak as well. And if the M3's engine is so advance, which it is, then why does is it deliver the same performance in the straight line with much less weight(around 200lbs). Should'nt it be blowing away the competition in the straight line. Don't bring up the handling dynamics, we're not talking about that, we already know that the M3 dominates this.

Gearing.... The 6MT is a fine tranny but the 7 speed DCT will illuminate how the cars' straight line performance. Who cars about 0-60....after 60, the 7 speed, I predict, will walk even the C63 at high speeds.

The ISF engine is weak because it is a direct decendant to the LS600 engine, which is a slow revving boat anchor. Yes, I will always prefer oversquare engines.