Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeddy4Me View Post
Technic...

Thank you for your opinion....

I have indeed test driven the DCT extensively. The only reason I would get the DCT is b/c of the convience/comfort factor.... The 6MT of course would be more involved and having an M Coupe in 6MT... is a bit more fun... Since my wife would potentially drive the car IF I get the DCT it would be an added benefit.

What do you think about the reliabilty factor of the DCT? I know there seems to be the lag issue or possibly resolved now... resale? if I decide to sell in 3-4 years? Do you think it would be lower if the car had NO tech pack?

I really appreciate all the comments/suggestions and opinions...
I'm not sure if the 'lag issue' has been cured yet, but I do know that there have been several updates from BMW to help aid the situation. Also, the DCT has only been on the M3 for a couple of years, so it's not really proven all the way in its reliability.....Although, many M3 owners are extremely happy with it, and that's a very good thing.

Also, not having the Tech pkg will most probably make it slightly harder for you to sell the M3 in future, but if you're keeping your car for at least 4 yrs or longer, I wouldn't worry about it. Your primary reason should be to keep yourself happy, especially if you're looking to keep the car for several years.
Appreciate 0