View Single Post
      03-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #26
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 JtBlk e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Nice writeup, I just finished doing exactly the same thing as you did and I'm satisfied enough with it. That should be enough new coolant in the car now.

The only problem I opened the bleeder screw on the expansion tank twice. It snapped while I was tightening it without any force

Had to run to the dealership, buy a new screw at $8, the somehow got half of the old one out.

P.S. Not related to coolant, but I highly recommend doing the MT fluid. Mine came out looking a little brownish, and with new fluid, shifts smoother.
I'm satisfied too. I plan on doing this every two years as preventative maintenance and I think this method should suffice. How many miles or years has it been for you? How did the coolant look?

I'm not surprised the bleeder screw broke being plastic and subject to a lot of temperature change. I'm going to replace mine during the next coolant service.

I did the MT fluid change not too long ago. After changing the fluid, it definitely felt smoother! 30K mile change is a must for the MT if the car is kept for a long time.
Appreciate 0