10-23-2012, 08:31 AM   #9
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
I know this is devolving into one of those threads, but I'll say it: I've been pulled over for speeding, tinted windows, loud exhaust, etc... Not once have I ever been harassed. Most of the time, as long as I am polite and courteous, I am let go. Out of the 10 or so times I've been pulled over, only once have I gotten an actual ticket. I find it funny that people have such misconceptions that all cops are pigs and are out to get you. The time to argue the validity of a law (like speed limits in general) isn't when you're already pulled over by a cop for speeding. They don't make the laws, they are paid to enforce the ones already made. Realize, it's a job for them, just like anything else.

But, it also doesn't mean they are above the law either. I understand people that get frustrated that cops abuse the system and aren't caught or don't get into trouble. But in reality, it's not just cops. I was just recently pulled over and got a speeding ticket. It sucks, but it was my fault. The next day, a cop was driving behind me in an unmarked car, a guy in front of me ran a red light quite obviously. The cop seemed to be paying attention and looking forward, but didn't stop the guy. If it had been me, I am sure I would have been stopped. It is what it is...