View Single Post
      10-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #68
I M STIG
RawAutos.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

I love my V1. Interestingly enough, so many people told me not to get it because of the false alarms, etc. However, since I've had it I've realized that my local PD doesn't use Ka, they use X and K bands... I do get some Ka and Laser going down the highway, but not a lot.

Like others said, you'll really get used to the false alarms, but I love that fact that it'll report more than 1 and show me where all of them are.

Story time: I was cruising down the highway going about 10 over, and I came up on a spot that is a normal false alarm (Ka), however I noticed there were two alerts, both up ahead. There was a cop hiding near the spot where the false alarm was being given... Had I not had my V1 showing two separate signals in similar locations, I would have gotten tagged. The highway is already 70 mph, so going 80 or more, that would have been a nice North Carolina fine.

That type of situation has happened to me a few times, and I would never get another detector. Plus, Alex Roy, the famous NY to LA record holder, told me to buy a V1, because that's all he uses... Alex is a pretty good friend and had a lot of advice about where to place it, etc. I have mine hidden right in front of my rear view mirror with the chord going into my ceiling and down my passenger side A-pillar.

2009 E90 M3| Jerez Black | Extended Silver Novillo with Brushed Aluminum | 6MT | EDC | Premium Package II | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | HD Radio | Heated front seats | Fold down rear seats | Moonroof | 19" wheels |
RawAutos.com
Appreciate 0