12-18-2011, 02:31 AM   #68
flpnout
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Dinan S3 Z4-35i

Garage List
2010 E89 Z4  [7.83]
I test drove a Cayman S and considered it many times over, but I fell in love with the M3 every time I test drove it for the last year. Since I have 2010 Z4 on lease and recently purchased a 2008 M3 with extremely low miles, it was a steal. If I had leased or even purchased a 2012 M3, my payments would be more than what I pay for the two cars put together. Not sure how much you would save depending on new/used and what you currently pay for your current cars. My insurance is not too bad since I have it all under one umbrella with the house.

I've only had the M3 for about 1 month and half. With work travel, I haven't had much chance to drive either car much

My "M-pressions" of the M3 so far are:
I love taking it in the switch backs and pushing M button. It just responds so much better and tightens up a lot. Very sharp and precise. Even in normal mode, it is still well composed and planted when pushed to the limits. I need to get used to the clutch, I'm still a bit jerky compared to my Z4 with easy to push clutch. I would have preferred it came with a short throw shifter similar to the Z4.

It took me 7 months to find a CPO used with Alpine/Coral Red with a 6 speed manual. I only cared to have NAV with EDC. But luckily I picked up a loaded one with only 8600 miles. Overall, this car is awesome! I plan to track it soon when I have some time.

I disagree that people think it just looks like an ordinary 3 series. I don't get that at all. I get a lot of props at the gas station every time.

I've been debating on getting the ZCP wheels, but I heard from the dealership parts guy that the 19" forged are better quality and pricier. Plus the fact that everyone has ZCP looking wheels already. I do like the new M5 wheels! I'm open to suggestions?

Good luck on whatever you decide.

With exception to black wheels, which I don't want, here is what mine looks like with 35% ceramic tint and CF OEM parts:
Attached Images

Last edited by flpnout; 12-18-2011 at 02:40 AM..
Appreciate 0