Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksm3 View Post
Thank you! I'll look over your past thread.
I do like these R1's granted they aren't a full spec race slick. Best I felt were the Pirelli DH's.
Most importantly I'll give MCS a call or ANZE. After today's event I feel it's time to send my dampers for some rebuilding. Realistically they should be rebuilt every year if you do 10-15 events a year and I have yet to do so (2 years ownership, 2nd hand MCS's)
Well, if you’ve driven Pirelli DH (and assuming they weren’t burned out scrubs), then at least you know what’s out there in terms of more tire grip performance. I’ll go out on a limb here and predict that you will not find more grip from the R1 tire with stiffer springs. But again, don’t just take my word for it, try it for yourself.

As far as damper rebuild time intervals, I have not heard of intervals that short for a street/track line of damper. JRZ told me 30k miles, and there was no limitation of track days on that. In 2015, when I pulled the dampers at 30k miles and had them rebuilt, the tech said they were still pristine inside and could have gone another year easily. Up to that point, my car was seeing both street and track duty—-meaning it was seeing rain on freeways, etc. Now my car only does track duty and never sees bad weather—-except when I go off track into the mud, so the miles are building up much more slowly. With these rebuilds, it’s all about the seals. If the seals are holding up, then you’re in good shape. The internals should be fine.

Speaking of internals, if you feel like you need more dedicated Motorsport valving in the dampers, then that’s a different reason for a rebuild.
Appreciate 1
kyippee1073.00