View Single Post
      04-06-2016, 10:54 PM   #2
Ggeezer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

I like Dr. Beasley's matte shampoo but tend to go through them quite quickly. Their quick detailer is also very good and leaves a nice matte finish - good to have on hand for cleaning any bird poop and bugs from the front bumper.

I just waxed the car using the BMW Nano wax a few weeks ago and cleaned the paint using the BMW cleaner. Agreed that the cleaner is weird but works. I had kind of neglected my paint over winter but a little bit of elbow grease, with a damp microfiber + BMW cleaner got rid of most of the paint contaminants.

We've had a little bit of rain here lately so I was able to put the wax to the test and can honestly say it works just like the wax on a regular paint. The hydrophobic properties are phenomenal - water just beads right off the car if you're driving 50km/h+. I will give it some time to see how it "protects against the elements" since it is too early to tell. I probably waited too late to re-apply the wax since I had last waxed it (7 months) so the paint had more contaminants than I would have expected had I waxed more regularly. Going to try to aim for once/month or once/1.5 months to keep the paint looking fresh through summer.

I also bought a gallon of Chemical Guys matte detailer but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.
Appreciate 0