View Single Post
      07-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #14
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Thanks to op for his review and honesty. Anytime competitor sees an opportunity to outperform the competition-extra attention is given. Why not. It's business.
I have a question for op. why would you switch from stage 1 vf kit to ESS stage 2 kit and not to ESS vt1550 kit. ? Maybe because issues would have remained. ? If upgrading to stage 2 why not upgrade to vf620 kit.im sure it was much cheaper than ESS complete kit. The reason I bring this up is this. Vf540 kit is fairly new. And glitches are expected. Without proper feedback and feasible amount of time to generate problem report a fix is impossible to come by. And I think this is exactly what has happened here. You opted out for vt2 585 kit which has been in circulation for many years and all glitches had been worked out providing you with a trouble free supercharger kit. Just like,my vf620 kit.
Side note. I own several ford and mitsubishi trucks. Last year I bought a brand new Fuso fe180 truck. Brand New redisigned model for 2012. Prior to this truck I went through 5 Fuso fe180s and had no issues what's so ever. This 2012 model left me stranded on the side of the road more than 3 times with software and def issues. Each time limp mode and a hefty tow bill to get it back to the dealer. If I am not mistaken this brand new unit had over 7 recalls so far. And they keep on coming.
Op. I can understand your issues as I am in a similar Situation with Mitsubishi but not once have I questioned mistubishi quality and their ability to deliver a solid performer. In regards to ESS and vf. Both companies utilize many identical parts for their kits so in regards to vf manufacturing an inferior product. I and many vf owners will disagree with you. This is where it gets tricky. Roman is a great sales person. He will have you convinced e92 4.0 m3 engine performs on 6 cylinders on Tuesdays because it's a full moon in Alaska when need be because that's what great sales people do. I have friends who fell short of reaching satisfactory lever of customer service from ESS which choose not to post their life story online in 100 page essay format. Now I do not understand why you would not consider upgrading to a vf620 kit for a fraction of the price which would have solved your issues and instead spend another 10 grand on ESS kit that had sufficient time to be tweaked and perfected to outperform the vf faulty brand new kit on Tuesdays. When the full moon rises over Alaska. Jeff from vf is the person to talk to. I have his private cell number as some of other vf owner do aswell. He is very educated on our platform and I am sure he would have reached a solution for you as he has for me and other vf customers. I do agree vf is very difficult to get a hold off. I guess some people do more than just sit at their desks and answer phone calls and text messages all day long.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher

Last edited by Chriskm3; 07-18-2013 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0