View Single Post
      10-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #96
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
Thats your opinion...its not stopping droves of people from buying the 991 at 110-130K with options.

Same could be said for a Mustang vs. M3...M3 isnt worth 30-40K more.

Same could be said that a 458 italia isnt worth 270K more than an M3.

Price point is dependant of many factors, all of which some wont pay for. The 30-40K extra is what you pay to play for the huge step up in performance and quality, etc.
Porsches, Ferraris, Astons, Lambos have never been about bang for your buck. If you want more for your money, the M3, Mustang, Z06, and GTR are your ticket but again, you get what you pay for.
No Greg (we know its you so don't play dumb with us) that is not my "opinion". It is fact. A 991S Porsche isn't worth $110-130K when you can get an M3 for $65K. That is a 40-50% delta. The 991 isn't worth a 40% increase over an M3. It just isn't. I don't care how much you think Porsche is the end all, be all. As you know, I've owned plenty of them. They are great cars......and are waaay overpriced brand new. A base Mustang GT is pure and utter garbage. It is indeed cheaper than an M3 but you get a far far inferior "all around" vehicle for a delta that is not nearly as great as the delta between an M3 and a 991S. The build quality of an M3 is not far superior to a 991.....the build quality of a $40K Mustang is far inferior to an M3.

For the record, a Porsche is not in the same league as an Aston Martin, Ferrari or Lambo. It is from a performance standpoint but as an overall "wow" factor it isn't. As I have said earlier, the 991 is a fantastic machine and I actually like it with the longer wheelbase, etc (save for the electric steering and the god awful electric ebrake)......but still, it's a 911 Porsche for Christsake. Look at the jump in price from the 997.2 to the 991. Porsche is smoking some serious weed.

Last edited by alms211; 10-04-2012 at 04:37 PM..
Appreciate 0