View Single Post
      02-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
skoot3r
BMW n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd

DCT failure

Just wondering how many people out there have had DCT issues? My car had to be towed off on the 14th because the tranny just stopped working randomly while I was trying to merge onto traffic. Like this has happen to me before but not to the point where the car wouldn't turn back on like this time. The first time this happened I was making a right turn at a stop light. I was down shifting from 4th to 3rd but the car wouldn't let me then a check engine light came up. No cars were behind me so I let it roll to a stop put it in neutral then back into gear and it worked fine. Took a pick of the fault on the Idrive showed my service adviser. They couldn't replicate it and seen no codes so they gave the car back. fast forward about 8-10 months from then now my car dies on me. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem/situation as me.

edit: forgot to add my car is a 2009 MY currently have 46k miles. Also the tech said they got the car to turn back on and they are replacing the ECM that controls the transmission. That is what they think will get it to work. I won't know till this coming Tuesday

Last edited by skoot3r; 02-19-2012 at 06:18 PM..
Appreciate 0