View Single Post
      03-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #11
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Or maybe what is good for some people is not good for others who like unnaturally heavy bass. Many people like to listen to greatly exagerrated bottom end. I am an audio engineer by training, as well as professional musician for 20 years and I don't think the malignment I read here is in line with the reality.

I do believe there are significant differences between the cars btw. The speakers and locations are different between the E90,92, and 93. As such, there may be subtle DIRAC differences. Or maybe 09 was tweaked.

I maintain for a stock production system it is very nice. It kills the systems I have heard in both Lexus and Infiniti. I have had the Nakamichi Lexus and an M45 with the Bose. My dad has a Mark Levinson in his Lexus. M3 decimates it.

I don't listen to any rap, techno, or heavy metal at all...... Only jazz and jazz fusion. I do have a lot of heavy grooving material with 6 string bass and nicely miced drums. So, I do need tight crisp bass. The bass could be a smidge fuller, but it is very good for stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Probably not. Its just a difference in ears and preferences of the listener. What's good for some people isn't good enough for others.
Appreciate 0