Drives: E92M3-E46M3-E46Wagon-E89Z4-E36

Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
I bet yur high school enlish teacher aint so impressed!!!

"and so are the instructors what rode with me" LOL!!!
Fixed, thanks for pointing that out. I'm not sure how I missed that on the proof reading prior to hitting send.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
That's a total threadjack, but thanks for the video. It should help get me through until mine shows up around the end of October/early November.

After hearing all the horror stories about no downshift from DCT under heavy braking, I'm wondering if anyone has tried a track session in D5?
Of course it will downshift in D5, however it won't downshift prior to the turn, it will downshift as your passing the apex of the turn and getting into the gas, which is a bad, bad idea, because as gears go down the torque to wheels increases and you could suddenly be drifting unintentionally as the sudden increase of power to the rear wheels breaks them loose.

My compensation for the no downshift issue was to downshift between the turn in point and the apex as I was feathering the throttle, then by the time I reached the apex and got into the throttle, I was in third so I could rocket out of the corner into the next turn.

As I said, D would not kick down until after the apex, as the accelerator pedal goes down, that's not a good plan.

Here's to hoping the September software update fixes this DCT issue.