View Single Post
      11-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #61
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Iīve owned and own Porsches and have friends that own them. I know of none of these that have been understated and some of these have been dynod. I also took the liberty of speaking with TechArt yesterday for some other matters and asked them the same. They have a really nice 700bhp GT2 by the way. They say it is not understated. I also recall a magazine that tested all these results some time ago, it turned out that most European cars produced a bit less hp than stated (including Porsche) and it was the american corvette that turned out to be understated but in those cases it was 3 or 4bhp, nothing major. I donīt think Prosche would understate a car by 20 or 30 bhp, law suits can also easily go both ways (understate a car, crash, and your in deep dodo). But, hey, at the end of the day I suppose we will all believe what we want. My personal belief is that Porsche does not understate hp, but thatīs just me and is why I say to each his own. So, whatever the case, the RDSport stroker will produce more hp in an aspirated fashion at sea level than will the "stated" GT2 hp and with the weight reduction I have put it through, just a tad heavier.
Ok, I own porsches as well and have friends that own them. Techart is hardly someone I would put much faith in. Talk to the serious tuners, Protomotive, EVOMS, and AWE. The GT2 is underrated and so is the GT3. 415 hp @ the crank yet it dynos 380 wheel? The Carrera S is at 385 hp and dyno's 330 wheel on the same dyno, huh? Doesn't really add up does it?

The car is rated at 530 hp at the crank yet turns 128 mph trap speeds. A gallardo is rated at 520 hp at the crank yet does 118 mph trap speeds. Crank ratings don't matter, different crank motors at 500 hp won't all put the same power to the ground and won't perform the same. They can claim any number they want.

I spend a lot of time researching cars, it isn't a belief, it is a fact that Porsche underrates certain cars.

The dyno database on dragtimes has many dynos to serve as a point of reference. How is a stock 997 GT3 putting down 386 wheel: http://www.dragtimes.com/Porsche--GT3-Dyno-Sheets.html

Are the losses 7% (of course not) or is it underrated?

I won't go into other manufacturers and vehicles they have produced that put down more power than advertised as I guess we are talking about 997 GT2 performance from the stroker. This is a large leap, and 530 claimed horses from RDsport are not going to be the same as the GT's claimed 530 horses.
Appreciate 0