01-30-2009, 04:30 AM   #21
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
If you want to do it right and have the $$$, you could order an OEM bumper from Europe through one of the vendors on this site - it comes painted so you know it will be right. No plate holes or reflectors. Cost is upwards of $2k delivered. I wouldn't do the reflector fill-in method - sounds like a few others have had issues with that (see some recent posts.)
Wow, never realised that the OEM bumper is that expensive... ok, $2k covers painting / labour and freight but still...

I was stupid enough to reverse onto another car 2hrs into the ney year (...), but thankfully it was a small thing and I took my M3 to a shop I trust and I got the job done for small change (mine is Alpine White). It is a brilliant job and there is no way human eye can distinguish any difference (I asked different people to tell me where could my bumper have been hit and no-one found it). The guy there told me that if more damage was done neccesitating bumper change, that would cost at least EUR1,000 plus paints & labor.... WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
can't they buy the paint from BMW?
I was thinking of the same... Very simple! This means no need for colour matching be eye or anything else complicated
Appreciate 0