10-02-2011, 11:34 AM   #1648
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Nikon D3 with Sandisk Extreme III (30 MB/s) cards baby!

I can run off 15 shots before it bogs down. I could have had the internal buffer upgraded ($500, ouch, but no longer offered) or maybe get some faster cards to help that along.

CF cards are running upwards of 100 MB/s now, with more affordable cards running twice the speed of my current EXIII's. But a 32GB 90 MB/s Sandisk CF is $500! The 128 GB 100MB/s Sandisk is $1,500! My camera won't support a 128GB card though, it maxes at 64GB. I usually use 8GB cards, but I might jump up to 16GB cards to get that 90 MB/s speed. I wonder if I can test one at the camera store to see how much it improves the performance.

But oddly enough, it still only runs 15 RAWs alone before bogging down too.
Ah, well the D3 is light years ahead of my T1i. I use Class10 16GB cards. And now with the codec to allow Windows Explorer to display RAW files, it's not such a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
i have 2 16GB Sandisk Extremes at 60 mb/s and an 8GB at 60 mb/s, and i had zero issues shooting sports. i rarely shot in raw+jpeg, but i could do a 15 shot burst with my 7D. obviously jpegs were no issue at all, you can shoot until the card fills.
Yeah, the 7D has dual processors, right? Another reason to move up to a better body.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0