View Single Post
      04-18-2007, 01:58 PM   #31
fueledbymetal
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 6spd, Cayman GTS 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36jakeo View Post
Everyone who would rather have a sunroof with an extra 50 lbs at the top of the car should either get the convertible (to truly experience top down motoring at the penalty of some weight and structural rigidity) or get a 335i. The CF roof will make a huge difference in handling and feel of the car. For those who won't notice the difference, you probably won't notice the difference between an M3 and a 335i's handling either, so save $15K and get a 335i. It will be almost as fast (with Procede piggyback ECU = 380 HP) and handling is excellent for the average driver.
I'm certain I'll notice the difference, but the trade-off is worth it to me. Before anybody says I'm not harde-core enough to drive an M3, will you be stripping your car of all sound insulation, back seats, door panels, etc? No? I thought not.

As I've said before, this car is about the balance between luxery & performance. A sun roof is part of that balance to me.

And no, I won't consider the 335i w/ proceed because there's no way it will offer the same throttle response as a naturally aspirated v8 w/ITB. I'd get the M3 vert, but that will defintely be out of my price range.